The Texas General Land Office provides free permitting assistance to all small businesses, private individuals and local government organizations located within the Texas Coastal Management Program and Joint Permit Application Form boundaries.
Services and Benefits
Customers applying for an environmental permit for a facility or activity within the Texas Coastal Management and Joint Permit Application boundaries are eligible for permitting assistance. This service is optional and provided at no charge to customers new to the coastal permitting process or who would like the convenience and benefits of working with the Permit Service Center (PSC) staff. The goal of the PSC is to streamline the permitting process for our applicants.
- Provides direct access to regulatory agency staff members and offers project-specific technical assistance during the pre-application phase.
- Provides access to basic technical guidance for frequently sought-after permits within the coastal boundary.
- Monitors permit applications and reporting administrative status within various agencies.
- Identifies interagency disagreements that hinder permit issuance.
- Facilitates conflict resolution between permitting agencies and applicants.
The GLO is working to raise awareness on the use of living shorelines as alternatives to traditional erosion prevention and shoreline stabilization methods. The GLO, in partnership with Allen Engineering and Science, recently hosted a series of living shoreline workshops that educated attendees on living shorelines, how they can be used on their property and how the GLO can help during the living shoreline permitting and installation process.
The material presented and referenced at the workshops can be found below.
An officially GLO Living Shoreline website is in development and will be available in late 2019.
- Living Shoreline Survey Results – results from the October 2018 survey on living shorelines sent to GLO permits and lease holders
- Texas Coastal Resiliency Master Plan Overview – overview of the Texas Coastal Resiliency Master Plan and how living shorelines relate the large-scale resiliency efforts
- Living Shoreline 101 – introductory information on living shoreline uses, types and installation methodology
- Coastal Bend Bay and Estuary Program Presentation – presentation by the Coastal Bend Bay and Estuary Program on living shoreline cases studies in the Corpus Christi area
- Galveston Bay Foundation Presentation – presentation by the Galveston Bay Foundation on living shoreline cases studies in the Galveston area
- Matagorda Bay Foundation Presentation – presentation by the Matagorda Bay Foundation on living shoreline cases studies in the Victoria area
- Living Shoreline Resource Catalogs – overview of resources available on living shorelines
- Living Shoreline Site Suitability Model – overview of the Living Shoreline Site Suitability Model created by Harte Research Institute
- Permitting and Funding Issues in Texas – overview of the living shoreline permitting process in Texas and options for project funding
- Residential Application Packet - Permit Service Center Residential Application
- CMP Consistency Statement - Upper Coast (Galveston)
- CMP Consistency Statement - Lower Coast (Corpus Christi)
- Corp of Engineers Form 4345 (PDF)
- Dept. of the Army Permit Instructions
- Map Preparation Guidelines
- General Land Office Commercial Application
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - Tier 1 Information
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - Tier 2 Information
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department - Species Introduction Permit
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department - Sand / Gravel Permit
Questions or Need More Information?
The Permit Service Center (PSC) is a free service to assist applicants with the permitting process. This service is optional and provided at no charge to customers new to the coastal permitting process or who would like the convenience and benefits of working with the Permit Service Center (PSC) staff. The goal of the PSC is to streamline the permitting process for our applicants.
- Corpus Christi PSC
602 N. Staples St., Suite 240
Corpus Christi, Texas 78401
Hours- 8 am - 5 pm
- Galveston PSC
Texas A&M University Galveston Campus
1001 Texas Clipper Road
Building 3026, Room 912
Galveston, Texas 77553
866-894-7664 (toll free)
Hours- 8 am - 5 pm