Texas GLO Posts Amendment 1 to 2019 Disasters State Action Plan for Public Comment
AUSTIN — Today the Texas General Land Office (GLO) posted Amendment 1 to the $212.74 million State Action Plan for 2019 Disasters for a federally required 30-day public comment period. The amendment details how $14,769,000 in additional funds, awarded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in Federal Register notice 86 FR 569 on January 6, 2021, will be allocated for programs administered by the GLO.
The amendment includes the following changes, among others:
- No new programs will be created, but existing programs will receive additional funding.
- Homeowner Assistance Program allocation amount increased to $98,910,000
- Homeowner Reimbursement Program allocation amount increased to $10,840,000
- Affordable Rental Program allocation amount increased to $31,550,000
- Infrastructure Competition allocation amount increased to $61,430,000
- Local, Regional, and State Planning allocation amount increased to $11,375,500
The amendment has been published for public comment on the GLO's recovery website at recovery.texas.gov/public-notices. All public comments submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on June 27, 2021, will be considered. Per federal requirements, the GLO must respond to public comments before the amendment can be sent to HUD for final approval.
More Press Releases